Sunday 8 April 2012

Guiltless Creamy Guacamole



Avocados have  become a staple in my new diet plan, providing me with lots of great fats and many fat burning benefits. My favourite way to eat avocado is in the form of creamy guacamole as a topping on chicken, eggs, tuna, turkey and even salad! I was buying it from the grocery store for some time until I realized I could probably make my own version much cheaper and more delicious, so here it is:

Ingredients:

  • 2 large ripe pitted avocados
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
  • pinch of cayenne pepper
  • pinch of black pepper
Directions: 

Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl and serve! You can add fresh onion, peppers and tomato for a chunkier dip, but I prefer it creamy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment